Our community policies
Our community policies
What to expect, and what will be expected of you, as a member of the Airbnb community.
- Community policyHost and guest safetyTo help ensure safe stays, experiences, and interactions, certain activities and behaviors are not allowed in our community.
- Community policyHelping to keep our community healthyAs our community travels the world and welcomes global citizens into their spaces, it’s important to try and reduce disease transmission.
- Community policyIllegal and prohibited activitiesAirbnb doesn’t allow illegal activities and other behaviors that could harm our community.
- Community policyQuarantine and Isolation Stays PolicyWe’ve developed a set of guidelines to clarify Airbnb’s approach to responsible travel during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Community policyDangerous animalsFind rules for hosts about keeping dangerous animals.
- Community policyProtecting your privacyTo create an environment that promotes not only physical safety, but also the safety and security of private information, certain behaviors …
- Community policyUse of cameras and recording devicesTo help provide Hosts and guests with peace of mind, security measures like security cameras and noise monitoring devices are allowed, as lo…
Anti-discrimination and accessibility
- Community policyNondiscrimination PolicyPlease review our Nondiscrimination Policy.
- Community policyCombatting hate, harassment, and discriminationWe want our Hosts and guests to have stays and Experiences free from harassment and discrimination.
- Community policyWelcoming guests with accessibility needsWe welcome and support people with accessibility needs. These members of our community should be able to trust that their Hosts will provide…
- Community policyHosting Experiences for guests with accessibility needsPeople with disabilities may require an individual to attend an Experience with them in order to be able to participate fully. At Airbnb, we…
- Community policyWho can have an Airbnb accountIndividuals who threaten or pose a safety risk to others have no place in our community.
- Community policyRepresenting yourself authenticallyProviding valid and accurate account information is critical to creating an environment where Airbnb, Hosts, and guests can trust each other…
- How-toBooking requirementsAfter the basics (name, email, and phone number) we need a little more info in order for you to book your stay.
Content and reviews
- Community policyRestricted contentIn consideration of all members of our community, we restrict certain content, whether online or at a stay or Experience.
- Community policyWriting relevant and unbiased reviewsWe want you to feel confident that the reviews you read on Airbnb are accurate and free of external influences. Reviews are only helpful whe…
- How-toHow do I make a custom link for my listing?Hosts can create a personalized web address to direct people to their listing with a custom link.
- Community policyAirbnb's Content PolicyRead about the content that is not allowed on Airbnb, and how the Content Policy works.
- Community policyContent Policy and the CoronavirusFind out more about Airbnb’s Content Policy specific to COVID-19.
- Community policyWhat’s expected of guestsWe expect our guests to uphold certain standards and be considerate and respectful of their Hosts, Hosts’ neighbors, and any other community…
- Community policyInteracting honestlyNo one should misrepresent themselves or their intentions while using Airbnb.
- Community policyBeing a good neighborRespect must extend beyond the Airbnb community to those around us. That respect includes avoiding disturbing neighbors with disruptive part…
- How-toEligibility for emergency stays through Airbnb.orgThe program supports evacuees, relief workers, medical patients and their caregivers, refugees, and asylum seekers.
- Community policyParty and Events PolicyWhile we believe most guests are respectful, we’ve created our Parties and Events Policy to provide clear guidance on what we expect from ev…
- Community policyGuest Reliability StandardsPlease review our Guest Reliability Standards.
- Community policyAirbnb’s Off-Platform PolicyPlease review our Airbnb Off-Platform Policy
Cancellations and refunds
- Community policyAirbnb Guest Refund PolicyPlease review our Airbnb Guest Refund Policy.
- Community policyExtenuating Circumstances PolicyFind details on how cancellations are handled when unforeseen events beyond your control arise after booking and make it impracticable or il…
- Community policyExtenuating Circumstances Policy and the coronavirus (COVID-19)Find details of the coverage for COVID-19 under our extenuating circumstances policy.
- Community policySpecial Support Policy for cancellations within mainland China
- Community policyWeather events, natural conditions, and diseases that are excluded from our Extenuating Circumstances PolicyPlease review this information about situations that are excluded from the Extenuating Circumstances Policy.
- How-toFind the cancellation policy for your stayThe amount of any refund depends on the Host’s cancellation policy and the time and date you cancel.
- How-toFind the cancellation policy for your Experience reservationThe amount of any refund depends on the Host’s cancellation policy and the time and date you cancel.
- Community policyExperiences Guest Refund PolicyPease review ourExperiences Guest Refund Policy.
Payments and payouts
- Community policyAvoiding fraud, scams, and abuseWe take steps to protect Airbnb's platform's integrity and mitigate the risks and losses associated with fraud, scams, and abuse by taking a…
- How-toSecurity depositsSecurity deposits can be required either by Airbnb or by hosts. They can be based on the features of the place to stay and/or the timing of …
- Community policyCollecting fees outside of AirbnbGenerally, hosts may not collect any additional fees or charges outside the Airbnb platform unless expressly authorized by Airbnb.
- Community policyWhat’s expected of Hosts and their staysEvery Host should meet these basic standards so that their guests have a comfortable, reliable experience.
- How-toHost liability insuranceHost liability insurance is a key component of AirCover, which is top-to-bottom protection for Airbnb Hosts.
- Community policyHost requirementsIn addition to providing welcoming accommodations, Hosts should be responsive and maintain a high overall rating.
- How-toHow the Ambassador Program worksAmbassadors recruit and support hosts new to Airbnb, and help people all over the world discover the benefits of hosting.
- How-toWhy was my listing paused or suspended?Your listings may be suspended if you fail to meet the basic requirements overall rating, response rate, accepted reservations, or cancellat…
- How-toWhy was my listing deactivated?To help make sure guests aren’t contacting you if you're unable to host, and to preserve your response rate, your listing may be deactivated…
- How-toHow to become a SuperhostYou don’t need to apply to become a Superhost. If you meet the program requirements on the quarterly assessment date, you'll qualify for Sup…
- Community policyStandards for hotels and other hospitality businessesProperties should have a unique, independent environment and style (for example, boutique or lifestyle hotels, not mass-market chains).
- RulesAirbnb Plus program standardsThese standards are a collection of criteria that set the bar for well-designed spaces and exceptional Hosts.
- Community policyWhat’s expected of Hosts and their ExperiencesExperience Hosts must demonstrate expertise, insider access, and connection, which helps ensure the market has high-quality Experiences led …
- How-toExperiences liability insuranceExperiences liability insurance is a key component of AirCover, which is top-to-bottom protection for Airbnb Hosts.
- How-toHow ratings and reviews affect ExperiencesConsistent 5-star reviews help build trust for Airbnb Experiences. Low reviews may cause your experience to be removed.
- Community policyAirbnb Experiences standards and requirementsFind details on the quality standards and requirements that Airbnb Experience Hosts must meet.